Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lesson today

"There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing".
From the Art of Possibilities


Today I learned that we often miss the good in the NOW moment, for fear of the future moment that might be bad. That for the fear of the possibility of a shadow that might be coming, we miss the sunshine that is reigning down on us in abundance at this moment. That the anticipation of sadness tomorrow blocks our joy today.

Today I realized how many times we worry about the next moment, and miss this one. No wonder time flies past us and we only see it in the rearview window. What an odd angle to look at life from!

Today someone asked me, "but how do I change this? I can't help it, it's how I am. It's how my mother is, it's how we all are. "

We can change it. As soon as we want to. We can by taking control of our thoughts and by catching them, fleetingly fast as they are. We can change it by releasing ourselves from the bondage of our intellect that fears our emotions. Allowing ourselves to FEEL, really feel, frees us.