Thursday, August 27, 2009

Live in the land of non-sense



We were talking recently about things having to make sense to us vs letting them be in the no-sense and what do I mean by that anyway?

Children live in the land of no-sense, don't they? Little ones are delighted with everything, and are tickled with simple surprises. I put a different overshirt on this morning to go hiking and felt something in the pocket. I reached in and ... lo... it was a bunch of money! I counted out almost $50. that I had completely forgotten about!

I was DElighted! I yelled for my husband-look look look! It was just such fun for me!
And he looked at me like I was nuts. Now, that's the look I'm just used to so it didn't phaze me at all. You know the look, right? One eyebrow up like "so? what's the big deal? It's money. You left it in your pocket."

It was magic to me! To find something, somewhere you least expect it! Ok, maybe I am easily entertained, and I was, and let me say this again, DElighted! It was FUN!

It was non-sense. I didn't have to explain it, I didn't have to rationalize it. I didn't have to do anything except laugh and say WOW! I accept! A lovely way to start the morning! Now, if you are reading this and thinking, 'so? you left money in your pocket, big deal?' YOU my friend, are not even close to the non-sense. You are in the land of sense. You are in the realm of logic aren't you? You always have to find a reason, and a rational explanation?

I was like that. BORING. DULL. Oh not fun.

When was the last time you embraced non-sense?
The land of not needing it to make sense?
Let your life be made up of magical moments that you string together into nonsense!

Miracles are just things you can't explain. So is non-sense! So is magic! Let go of the how, and step back into the wonder of it all. We've gotten much too grown up and much too rigid. Play a little. Play a LOT!

Remember the small pleasures and live for a day in the land of non-sense.

In the land of non-sense, bones heal instantly, lumps disappear poof, gas tanks refill themselves, and you arrive at your location hours before you possibly could have. Let yourself live in the impossible. It's a lot more fun! Live in the land of surprises and live in the land of magic. Life can't surprise you unless you let it.

In the land of magic, I can find white bird wings by my car in a downtown parking lot. I can find a butterfly in the middle of Walmart. I can say hello to two chipmunks in Home Depot as they walk along beside me. I can find a hummingbird feather in the middle of winter and a peacock feather on a mountain trail. I can hear knocking on my ceiling and I can walk through a winter stream and come out on the other side DRY! Non-sense! But of course!

It so doesn't have to make sense for us to engage and be engaged. Non-sense means engaging with all of you instead of filtering the world through your head! Get out of your head! Let go!