Friday, September 12, 2008

Following Our Bliss

Joseph Campbell says to follow our Bliss. Do you know what your bliss is? What does bliss feel like?

I looked up the definition of bliss: and the online dictionary says:
extreme happiness, ecstasy, spiritual joy try this one:
the joy of heaven and even serene joy

Now, can you remember feeling bliss in this lifetime?
Close your eyes and go back to a time when you remember bliss, feeling it, in every cell in your body. Is it there?

Maybe living joy!us is about finding our way to Bliss? I've always said that joy is a life-given right. We should all be joyful. Joy full. Full up with joy. Joy should be in every cell, that GOD meant for us to be in a state of original joy, and joy is life and so it is in Greek.

When we strip away all the doings of our lives, all the have tos and shoulds, all the obligations and committments, when we strip all that away, we get to a bare bones state. Now, when we are clear and clean, we hear a song and that song is the sound of our birth into matter. That tone we hear in our bones is our soul singing out. Every cell in our body carries a sound, because that sound is a frequency, and every frequency begins to cause a vibration that causes a movement into form, pattern, constellation.

That constellation of matter becomes us! And what if we could hear that sound? Do you think that that sound would be bliss?
Are we in bliss by being alive? And is the rest an illusion? When you get still and quiet and listen to the inside of you-is that bliss?

Maybe finding joy is finding bliss, and maybe it's about finding our way inside ourselves? That's what meditation is about, and meditation leads us to serenity. Is bliss, serene or is it ecstatic, or are they really the same?

When I was nine, I had a lucid dream in which I found myself walking with a robed and sandaled, bearded man with beautiful eyes. We floated above fields of flowers and he told me of many things. When I awoke from the dream, I was in bliss! I knew we were not alone, and I knew that I was loved. I felt it deeply inside, and I was ecstatic. And serene. If I follow that dream it takes me into my heart, and back in time.

Now, how do I follow that bliss? How do I not! It's a compulsion to find my way back that has haunted me for 40 years.