Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Do Shamans Dance Naked by the Moon?

It's such a good question, but, sorry, I gotta say if that had been part of the deal, you'd have never gotten me there. Nope. Not naked. Now, some do I suppose, but not I. I'm not a prude. I just have no desire to shock the world with my thighs. While I love the beautiful print in the sand that my butt might leave, I will tell you, that it's not such a beautiful site neeked. I'll keep it to myself, thanks. Would I if I had the butt of Bo Derek? Oh...hmmm...that's such a good question too! I just might! If it didn't jiggle when I juggle, I just might, yes indeedie.

Having said that, we DO dance by firelight. With our clothes on.

We also rattle, sing, drum. It's a lot of fun. And sometimes we have silent fires. It's all about intent. Some nights the fire is joyful and we all laugh. Some nights it's solemn and serene. You never know what comes out at the fire. It's healing. It's releasing. It changes and it delights. Fire is the great friend and com buster. We do love our fire. Fire is sacred which means it's honored. It's a living energy and we respect it and enter the fire when it invites us. The fire becomes friendly and we thank it.

Fire is always about change.